Thursday 31 January 2013

Santa Maria Disaster

Belated though this is, my thoughts and deepest sympathies go out to those who lost their lives in the nightclub in Santa Maria.
The horrific scenes of escape attempts are truly hallowing, and for those who survived, that night will most likely stay with them forever.
I also offer my condolences to the families of those 231 young lives, who must be going through such hell at losing someone who had so much more life to give.

As someone who has recently reached clubbing age myself, with many friends who are students, it is very frightening to see such things, and how easily they happened.

Tighter fire regulations have been called for in Brazil, and I believe this should apply worldwide too. One extra fire door could have saved so many of those lives.

Rest in Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment