Sunday 30 December 2012

Postsecret

As it says in my description, I love Postsecret. I am quite new to the site, having only discovered it a month or so ago, but was instantly hooked.
I was trying to work out the appeal. What is it that makes me so desperate to tune in every Sunday and read twenty secrets from strangers?
I think that this is it.
We all have a secret. And as we scroll the site we are thinking to ourselves, what would I send? Would it get posted? Would anyone care? And occasionally we read a secret and are struck by the similarity to our own lives. We like Postsecret because selfishly, we see people are worse off than us, but they are still going on.
The other thing that attracts me to Postsecret is the range of emotions. In twenty postcards you can see depression, shame, love, revenge, envy and nostalgia.
In short, check it out if you haven't, it is strangely addictive www.postsecret.com

No comments:

Post a Comment